The overall purpose of Seedland – the Regional Technology Centre is:
- to strengthen knowledge-based growth and development within seed and cereal production in Region Zealand.
The technology centre will strive to achieve this by:
- supporting and maintaining the position of strength held by the region within this field and by forming a platform for the technological development,
- establishing environments of competence and knowledge which can strengthen innovation and growth,
- creating strong collaborations between companies in Region Zealand and other players and knowledge environments of importance for the development of the industry,
- giving research and educational institutions the possibility of playing a larger role in the regional industrial development.
Based on the unique position held by Denmark and in particular Region Zealand within cereal and seed production, Seedland aims at promoting the local and national industrial development within this field by using modern information and communication technology for documentation of traceability and product quality.
The consortium behind Seedland consists of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences (DJF), University of Aarhus; Selandia; and the Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
For further information please visit the Seedland website: www.seedland.dk .